10 October 2014

What are You Thinking? – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I apologize is this seems disjointed.  Some morning my thoughts clamor to get out with an urgency that belies my typing speed.  People who do not think are thoughtless.  “To think well is to serve God in the interior court” – Thomas Traherne.

All sin begins in the mind.  What we think becomes the action we take.  That on which I dwell becomes who I am eventually.  I am counseled to bring into captivity every thought.  I am told by Jesus that I will give an account for every idle word I speak.   

When I think for only myself I damage others.  When my thoughts are on my needs I manipulate, control, and demand.  When my thoughts are on Christ I give, support, and nurture.  I am a product of my thinking.

Currently my thoughts race back and forth over issues of pain and harm in my family.  People who know better are doing things that harm others.  Blood damages blood because thoughts are focused on selfishness instead of love and commitment. 

I want to rage and harm when I must love and support.  I want to hate but that is not the thoughts Christ wishes me to have.  I must bring into captivity every thought in hopes that I may somehow turn death into a fighting chance to live.  I must hope when hope seems lost.

I must focus on faith and following no matter how much my mind wants me to dwell on anger and vengeance.  I must do what is right with my mind so that I do what is right with my life.  It is tiring at times but it does not fail if I am faithful. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment