04 October 2014

That’s not how it works – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

It often saddens me that we have packed so much baggage into the simplicity of the Gospel.  My friend G was commenting the other day on those who claim to follow Christ and hate others.  It grieves me that he has been hurt by this.  He is a good man with a good heart. 

That's Not How It Works
There is no room on the journey toward Christ for hatred.  That is truly not how it works.  We are to be known by our love and compassion.  We are to be kind and generous.  No matter what circumstance one finds there is not room for hating people.  I can disagree.  I may think something is wrong.  I may think it is sin.

There are times I am wrong.  I sin.  I fail others.  I, therefore, cannot afford to hate anyone.  What I must do is that the only way it works is through humility and love.  I cannot earn God’s favor and must not insist that others earn mine.  I cannot disappoint God and must, therefore, not be disappointed in others. 

I must strive to be an instrument of love and peace.  I must work for justice through kindness and generosity.  Whilst thinking through these things I have found some areas where I can be better.  That is after all how it works.

It works by daily embracing the commands to love and honor God and others.  It works through rejecting hatred and greed.  The way it works is to see everyone as someone in need of love can kindness.  Extending it to them makes it work. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment