25 October 2014

Second Thoughts – A Golden Death

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

This past week the colour of the sugar maples in our area reached a crescendo of beauty and brilliance that seemed to assault my senses.  I marveled at the sun on the leaves writhing and twisting to be free from their tethers.  A place where I walk is already littered with those who have achieved this goal.

We celebrate the colours of autumn as our world is painted in the most brilliant reds, oranges, and golden hues.  The beauty of this temporary art always captures me deep in that part of me which is an artist.  As I revel in the colours of autumn I forget that I am celebrating a golden death.

So many deaths accompany the turn of the season from summer to winter.  The deaths that surround me are beneficial.  The harvest is a death of plants.  The fall colours are a vibrant death of the leaves that make our air breathable.  I ponder the death of bees as they scurry to gather the last fleeting drops of nectar from dying flowers.

Autumn in all its beauty is a time of death.  It is also, however, the time of seeds.  It is the time when all of creation exercises hope and faith.  It is the golden death of leaves that reminds us that spring will come and life will return.  It is the Creator reminding me that although the world is shrouded for now, the eternal spring will come.  Death will be no more and my hopes will be realized. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment