07 October 2014

What are You Thinking? – The Needs of Others

Greetings Dear Reader,

This time of year is seems that so many efforts begin to provide for the needs of the less privileged in our society.  Food banks need aid in processing and distributing fresh foods from the autumn harvest.  Efforts abound in getting supplies to those in need.

Do we think about the needs of as often as we should?  When I have abundance do I focus on the needs of those around me?  If I dine from plenty’s horn without thought for those who do not then I am guilty. 

It is my obligation to care for the needs of others.  It does no good for me to hoard or gather more than I need without sharing it.  It is pointless to chase riches and abundance.  I know that I have more than I need and if I am not sharing that then I am not thinking well.

To think well I must follow Christ in his command to care for the poor.  If I do not give thought to them always then I am not following.  Christ is found in the needs of others.  If I wish to see him more clearly I must always be open to helping when I can.

Recently a friend shared something for me whilst we were discussing the “one percenters.”   We must be careful not to limit our view to our own nation or even the first world problems.  If I truly look at the needs of humans on this planet I cannot escape that except for the truly poor in our nation we are all part of the one percent. 

If I fail to keep this in perspective I will rob the poor and fail to follow Christ.  I must think well.  I must consider the needs of others in all that I do.

Distressing Disguise Michael Card

He is in the pain, He is in the need
He is in the poor, we are told to feed
Though He was rich, for us He became poor
How could He give so much, what was it for?

In His distressing disguise, He waits for us to surmise
That we rob our brothers by all that we own
And that's not the way He has shown

Every time a faithful servant serves a brother that's in need
What happens at that moment is a miracle indeed
As they look to one another in an instant it is clear
Only Jesus is visible for they've both disappeared

He is in the hand that reaches out to give
He is in the touch that causes men to live
So speak with your life now as well as your tongue
Shelter the homeless, take care of the young

In His distressing disguise, He hopes that we'll realize
That when we take care of the poorest of them
We've really done it to Him

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment