17 October 2014

Come as You Are – Where Have You Been?

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are people in my life I miss greatly.  They could show up at my door and I would not care what state they were in they would be welcome.  My love for them would overlook anything. 

That is how Christ views us all.  When he compels us to come as we are it does not matter where we have been.  There is not a lot to say about this.  It is just true.  There is no condition in which we cannot come to Christ and he will take us in his loving embrace. 

I need to remember that whether I am two steps behind or ten thousand in following, he is filled with joy when I catch up.  He wants me to come out of the darkness from wherever I have been. 


I loved you long before the time your eyes first saw the day
And everything I've done has been to help you on the way
But you took all that you wanted then at last you took your leave,
And traded off a Kingdom for the lies that you believed

And although you've chosen darkness with its miseries and fears
Although you've gone so far from Me and wasted all those years
Even though my name’s been spattered by the mire in which you lie
I'd take you back this instant if you'd turn to Me and cry.

I don't care where you've been sleeping; I don't who's made your bed
I've already gave My life to set you free;
There's no sin you could imagine that is stronger than my love,
And it's all yours if you'll come home again to Me.

When you come back to your senses and you see who's been to blame,
Remember all the good things that were yours with just My name;
Then don't waste another thought before you change the way you're bound
I'll be running out to meet you if you'll only turn around

I don't care where you've been sleeping; I don't who's made your bed
I've already gave My life to set you free;
There's no sin you could imagine that is stronger than my love,
And it's all yours if you'll come home again to Me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment