25 November 2012

A Season of Giving – Forgiveness

Greetings Dear Reader,

Monday afternoon a colleague at work approached me.  He wanted to ask me to forgive him for a remark he had made the previous week.  I know that he intended at the time to be funny and I took it that way.  Still, as he pondered his actions he considered that he may have offended me and took the very risky action of actually asking for my forgiveness.

When we ask someone to forgive us we transfer the power to them.  We give them the freedom to reject us to our face.  I was not even a little offended by my friend’s actions.  Now though, because of his courage and humility we are better friends.     

There is someone out there who needs you to forgive them.  It may be a small matter.  It may be a wound that has festered for years between you and a loved one.  You do not need to wait to be asked to forgive someone.  You can set the issue aside and show them the love and acceptance that is at the heart of Christ coming to us to forgive us.

Forgiveness is a precious gift that we can give any time it is necessary.  Why not engender this season of giving with the practice of forgiving others readily.  It is very powerful.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment