26 November 2012

A Season of Giving – Shopping Trolleys

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is a practice I adopted a few years ago that puts a smile in my heart.  When I am headed into a store I look for two things.  The first is a lone parent with a small child who is loading up his or her vehicle.  If I see someone in this category I pause at my car until he or she is almost finished. I then offer to take the shopping cart for them so that they do not have to leave the child alone.  It is such a little thing that one can do all year round to give to others.

The second is even simpler.  If there is a stray cart in the lot I take it into the store with me.  After all trolley wranglers are both low pay and hardworking employees.  When I take a trolley in with me I save them a little work.

The last comment on this area is that even though this is small it is the attitude of giving that one must adopt to develop a heart of giving.  If we learn to give in small things without having to consider it, then we learn to give in large things more easily.  It is in this giving that we build our own selflessness and that is a very large thing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment