17 November 2012

A Season of Gratitude – Dave

Greetings Dear Reader,

Dave is someone who anyone can aspire to become.  He is honest, hardworking, and a master at his craft.  He gets to work with his sons and it is obvious that they love and respect him.  Dave is the kind of guy you want to know.  You see is my VW mechanic.  He is a great VW mechanic. 

I first heard of Dave twelve years ago through a fellow VW owner.  At the time I was driving a 1984 Jetta.  This friend told me that she had gone in to see Dave thinking her CV joints needed replacement.  Her car was making that telltale click tick whenever she turned.  She made an appointment to have her car fixed and went to her mechanic Dave.

Dave could have done the repair and charged my friend and she never would have known.  Her knowledge was in areas that have nothing to do with cars.  Instead he called her back and explained that some bailing wire was wrapped around her front axle and that she could pick the car up when it was convenient.  There was no charge.

This is the same man who, when my Son’s VW broke down the Sunday he was to leave for his honey moon Dave worked on that Sunday to repair it so they could leave on Monday.  He did not charge them but instead made the repair a wedding gift. 

I saw Dave yesterday to arrange some work on my car.  I felt safe, confident, and was thrilled to introduce him to my Grandson.  I am so very thankful for Dave.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment