20 November 2012

A Season of Gratitude – Jesus

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not mean this in a trite way.  I try to make a point daily to express my gratitude that I have a faith that has a central figure that demands that I live peaceably and love others.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to live under the duress of following a faith that breeds hate.

For those of you thinking that Christ followers do hate I assure you that it is not because Christ wishes it.  We are not supposed to have enemies but if we do we are required to love them.  I am very thankful for a faith that requires love for others as its prime mover.

I am thankful that Jesus requires me to care for the needs of others.  I have actually had people angry at me for doing this and it amazes me that they can put personal wants above the welfare of those in need.

I am thankful for someone to follow who can teach me to be more selfless and less selfish.  I am in debt for the life and blessing Jesus provides for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment