14 November 2012

A Season of Gratitude – Fiction

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that I do is write fiction.  I am thankful for it because it allows me to ponder the possible in a place that may or may not be seen by others.  For every book I complete there are three or four waiting for me to undo the mess I have made of them. 

I create and solve problems in my fictional worlds.  I study the condition of man and ask the hard questions.  I wrestle with my own faith and following to try and make both stronger.  Fiction is an outlet for the things I imagine can be and the things I wish were not.  It is in the solitude of the crafting of my tales that I find my pretense stripped away I can face the questions that frighten and awe me.

No one is there to judge me or misunderstand me.  I can be as honest as I can be about what I think, feel, and believe.  Everything about who I am can come to the surface and no one gets hurt. 

I also get to emulate my Creator by becoming a sub-creator.  I get to put together entire worlds and watch them grow.  As much as it seems odd my creations seem to have free will and develop on their own.  I am thankful for the insights into who God is that are provided by writing fiction.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment