03 August 2013

A Prayer for My Friends

Greetings Dear Reader,

So if I am aware that I am to love my enemies then how do I pray for my friends?  I realize that this may not be a logical leap for everyone but it is at the core of my being.  It follows like this.  I am to love my enemies.  If I love someone they are not truly my enemy.  I love my friends; therefore, everyone is my friend.  So how do I pray for my friends?

What do I want for my friends?  What are their needs?  I know what I want for them but I do not always know their needs.  What I want for my friends is what I want for everyone.  I want them to know Christ deeply and richly.  I want them to follow him so closely that they step on his sandal from time to time.  I want them to enjoy lives that are filled with feeling the love that God has for them so deeply that it naturally overflows to others.

What do they need?  I only find this out by being in their lives.  I know of certain needs that everyone has but I need to be aware of the needs of my friends.  I need to pray for them and those needs.  I need to help where I can.  Too often I look to my own wants and needs instead of the needs of others.

I need to focus on the needs of others and allow Christ to meet my needs as he sees fit.  I must see this as the natural way to live.  I must also pray that my friends learn to live this way.  In this is the key to success at praying for my friends.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/8/13 11:06

    Dear Father in Heaven, you know the needs of My
    Friends. Please meet them if it is YOUR WILL.
    In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete