29 August 2013

Dare You to Move – Get Up

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of my favorite lines from any of the Batman movies is when Thomas Wayne asks the young Bruce, “And why do we fall, Bruce?”  There is a heartbeat of silence and then, “So we can learn to pick ourselves up.”  We will fall.  We will face plant.  We will be broken, damaged, and hurting. 

I have had days where getting out of bed hurt so much emotionally that I would have preferred to just stay there.  The world is a spiny, thorny place.  Some days I feel like I am swimming naked in a sea of shards of glass.  The thing is and this will not change: the only way out is through.

No matter how much it hurts or damages me I must move forward.  I must pursue Christ with all that I am.  I will fall, fail, and fracture.  I have to get up.  I have to keep going.  When I refuse to get up then I am refusing to follow. 

Jesus told me that in order to follow I had to take up the cross.  I have to feel the weight of the beam on my shoulder.  I must get up when I fall beneath the weight of it.  He did it for me and asks that I do it for him.  In order to move I risk falling and all the pain associated with it.  In order to keep moving I must get up when I fall.  It really is that simple.  “You do what you believe.  Everything else is just talk.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment