09 August 2013

Throwing Stones – When you are in Power

Greetings Dear Reader,

I was reminded yesterday of a time when the upper management of a company for which I worked spent a good hour scolding us for a problem that was completely out of our control.  We were a team giving our very best and the problem turned out to be systemic and unstoppable.  I still feel the wounds from be shamed by someone who should have been supportive and helpful.

I took away from this a keen awareness of how important it is that we hand out as much grace and understanding as possible when in a position of power.  The stones we wield are more powerful and can do more damage.  Since there are people that work for me I must always be aware that my words must be gracious and kind.  I must encourage others into success. 

I know times that I have thrown stones instead of dealing in grace.  Those times have done damage.  I know how much damage has been done to my heart through those who throw stones instead of dealing in grace.  I must again find myself in the place of treating others as I wish to be treated.  I must love others as I wish to be loved.

When God entrusts me with authority over someone else in any situation he is counting on me to give grace to those individuals.  I am in such dire need of grace that I must not fail to give that which I desire to be given.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment