15 August 2013

Christmas in August

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today my Daughter Christmas turns 25.  I have been pondering the lessons Christ has taught me with her in my life.  It amazes me how my intent was to help her but that Jesus had in mind for me to learn so much. 

The primary lesson I have learned is the depth to which God will go to show me that he is there.  I have
watched him heal and nurture this person in ways I have not imagined possible.  His provision for her needs is astounding.  In turn I see in her someone who will stop on the side of a highway to comfort the child of a family who has been in an accident. She has a giving spirit that wishes for everyone to be touched by her joy in Christ.

Her ability to accept people where they are teaches me much.  I have learned greatly how to love others without placing expectations on them.  I have also learned to put my own problems in perspective.  Give the path she has had to walk or sometimes crawl to get where she is my biggest problem is quite small.

It amazes me that someone who has endured so much can still be so positive and loving.  She still has much to learn and struggles at times with the process.  She does remind me daily just how much of a celebration life can be for those who know Christ and his power to work in our lives.  Having her in my life is like having a little bit of Christmas every day.   

Today I wish to simply celebrate her.  I hope you will join me Dear Reader in wishing her a happy birthday and much joy in her journey yet to come.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous15/8/13 11:09

    Difficulty sweetens a spirit. It is after all a despised rejected savior that we claim. He took our stripes and healed our wounds. There is nothing he cannot overcome in us if we lean in trust on his gentle arm. You daughter from what I've seen has learned to do this very thing and has there found a peace that passes understanding.

    Happy birthday from the chicken farmer ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! What a happy post. I am looking forward to celebrating tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to a beautiful and very special young lady! Oh - and I like your "hat":}

    ReplyDelete