18 August 2013

Every-stuff

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I enjoyed a house filled with people celebrating Natalie’s birthday.  Among the people here were my Grandsons.  Orion, the eldest is almost three.  He is intelligent and very verbal.  One of the things he likes about my house my workshop.

I imagine that it is a place filled with wonders to his young eyes.  Yesterday I found him standing in the pantry which is adjacent to the workshop.  I asked him what he was doing.  He pointed toward the shop door and said, “The lights are not on in there and they need to be Grandpa.”

I asked him if he would like to go in there.  He said yes.  I asked him what was in there that he wished to see.  He looked up at me with wonder in his eyes and simple said, “Everystuff.”

I smiled the deep smile that evokes so easily.  These moments make me see so clearly how God sees us.  We focus on things that intrigue us and feel that those things are so paramount.  Orion knew what he wished to see and made it very clear as he showed me all the things he liked in my shop.

Included in all the wonderful moments yesterday this is one of my favorite.  It pushed me to consider the wonder of discovery that is mine as I follow Christ.  His simple word, “Every-stuff” reminded me of the many wonders and discoveries that lie ahead for me.  He made me feel young and alive.  For that I am so thankful.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment