14 August 2013

Throwing Stones – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is so easy to hurt others.  People may act unscathed or untouched.  They may laugh off things we say that hurt them.  The responsibility to not throw stones resides completely with me. 

I must be the one who assures that others are safe from random barbs from my mouth.  I must always be seeking to deal in grace.  I must look for opportunities to show love by being good when others are in need.

It saddens me that people are surprised by this when I do it.   I am not someone special.  I am doing what we should all do.  I do not refrain from throwing stones as well as I should.  Even at the college level I see students throw stones at each other as if it were junior high. 

We must accept everyone where they are and for who they are.  From there we can show kindness and grace.  It is not only that we must be this way but that this must be our strength.  The power of grace and love is so much more than that of a stone.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous14/8/13 12:23

    I think this would also involve a tremendous amount of
    Empathy and sometimes dealing with people that U would rather not .

    ReplyDelete