17 August 2013

An Long Expected Party

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today we will have a grand party to celebrate Christmas.  I have been prepping all week and enjoying cooking to prepare.  My mind needs occupation during the chopping and mixing.  Often I think of the same thing during party preparation.

I do not pretend to understand what God has in store for us.  I do know that at some point there will be what is called “The Marriage Supper of the Lamb.”  My Grandfather always called it “the big dinner.”  I know that there will be something and that it will be amazing.

As I prepare food today I will do what I have done all week.  I will ponder a time when there is peace, love, and an end to all that is harsh.  I will anticipate the beauty and grace of a world without sin and death.  I will put my love for that time into the sweet tea, salsa, and sausage rolls I make.

Sometimes I long for this time to be here now.  I long to be reunited with my Grandfather and see the Daughter and Sister I never really knew.  I long to bask in the presence of God and be free from the struggle with sin.  I see the party today as an oasis to remember what lies ahead. 

This oasis in the journey will energize me spiritually even as it wears me out physically.  The joy in the journey today is that Christmas is alive and growing.  She has left behind a live of pain and danger and grows in the faith she has found.  The joy in the journey today is that friends and family will come to my home and I get to be kind to them.  If you are here today Dear Reader I feel joy in seeing you.  If you are reading this and unable to join us know that you too are an oasis in my journey home.

I am off to cook.  I wish blessings upon you until we meet at the big dinner. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17/8/13 09:42

    I am so happy for the joy you feel and the celebration. Your Grandfather was a good man who loved you very much.
    What is happening to your youngest son?

    ReplyDelete