08 August 2013

Throwing Stones – When I am Winning

Greetings Dear Reader,

I can still remember the first conversation my Grandfather had with me about humility.  It was a very simple one.  We were at a Braves game and I was excited that the Braves were winning.  A nearby fan began yelling insults at the Mets’ pitcher.

My Grandfather saw that I was listening and very quietly explained that we never insult our opposition.  He told me that we are always to treat our opponents with respect.  It saddens me that sports have become about dominating instead of about healthy competition and honorable play. 

When I am winning it is a great opportunity to be humble and hand out grace.  It is a time for me to be thankful for the gifts that allow me to win.  There are times when I lose these lessons and doing so impacts others in harmful ways.  Winning is useless if in doing so I fail to be who Christ wishes me to be as his follower.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment