25 April 2014

An All or Nothing Muscle

Greetings Dear Reader,

This morning my legs ache a bit.  I did more this morning than I usually do when I first get up and my calves are tired.  The ache in my legs as I sit to face the blank page reminds me of an article I read on Gizmodo about the heart.

The short of it is that the heart is an all or nothing muscle.  It works or it does not.  When it works we live and when it does not we die.  To do this it must constantly renew its cells and sinew.  It must be ever cleaning and clearing the arteries.  It primary task, to pump blood, is supported by hundreds of sub-tasks involved in seeing that life giving blood courses throughout the body.

The heart is an all or nothing organ.  I either commit it to Christ or let it deceive me into false following.  It is no wonder that this is the organ we credit with the passions of the soul.  We may speak of gray areas and odd situations but in truth my heart either belongs to God or it does not.  My heart is obedient or it is not. 

My desire is to have a heart that is fully committed to all that Christ requires of me.  In truth the heart is deceitful and wicked.  It is only through constant discipline of my own desires that I can govern the passions I feel.  Those passions would lead me to betray the faith I have and make me a poor example. 

I have and do fail.  I allow my heart to be a nothing muscle instead of an all muscle.  When I do that same heart also breaks.  It is that heart that also loves Christ and wishes only to follow him.  When it is an all muscle it beats a thunderous song that is my passion for Christ and his kingdom.  This is how I wish my heart to beat until it is no longer needed to seal me to Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment