03 April 2014

Things I Need to Own – Injustice

Greetings Dear Reader,

Any injustice that is visited on any people group is the responsibility of Christ followers.  There is no injustice that is acceptable to God.  The church is responsible to assure that even the enemies of God receive just treatment. 

That means that everyone is worthy of good health care.  It means that no matter what I think of another’s life style, choices, or proclivity that I want them to receive quality care when they have medical needs. 

Justice means that I do not allow someone to be abused for his or her lifestyle no matter how I feel about it.  The things that I believe are wrong based on my faith and practice never allow me to forego doing what is right and just to whose with whom I have issue.  Plainly put, I must own that I owe social justice to anyone no matter how abominable I believe his or her sin to be in the eyes of God.

I cannot claim to love someone if I do not demand that they be treated with love and compassion by our society.  Since I am required to love everyone I must want justice for everyone. I must own that many people who claim to follow Christ treat those with whom they disagree with injustice.  In a faith that is supposed to be bench-marked by love and compassion we instead employ condemnation and rejection.

Enemies, sinners, and neighbors are all worthy of love and kindness.  Showing that begins with owning the injustices we allow.  Living it requires that we redress the injustices and live the love of Christ toward everyone.  I must own that we fail at this and do whatever is necessary to change it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment