16 April 2014

Holy Week 2014 – Five Days

Greetings Dear Reader,

An aspect of the acts of Judas that we seldom consider is that he thinks he is acting in secret.  His covert meeting with the leadership of the priests is to set up the arrest of Jesus away from the hoard of followers that might object.

I want to ponder the errors in the reasoning here.  As I have stated before I do not think that Judas wanted to kill Jesus.  I think he wanted to force Jesus into acting like God.  Even that act stems from a lack of understanding of who God is.

Judas gets things wrong on several accounts:

  • He assumes that he can do anything without Christ knowing it.  He has seen Jesus show that he knows the minds of others.  Judas has seen him tell people what they are thinking. 
  •  Judas presumes that he knows better than Jesus how things should unfold.  He knows that Jesus has made it clear how things must be.  He thinks that he can force the hand of God in the direction he wishes.
  •  Judas thinks that Christ will not die.  A Zealot thinks in terms of peace through force.  He has seen Jesus’ power and wishes him to use it.  He has not learned the lessons of peace and humility taught by Christ.


As I work my way though who Christ is during Holy Week I must consider the degree to which I have failed to know who Christ is.  The things that I have done to betray my faith and following are no less in God’s eyes.  At times I forget with whom I am dealing and I try to bargain with God.  I try to hide things that are wrong and do things in secret.  I forget that the man I follow is the God who knows and is all.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment