14 April 2014

Holy Week 2014 – Seven Days

Greetings Dear Reader,

A day after Jesus enters Jerusalem for Passover the Pharisees question his authority.  The questions do not come from a place of sincere desire for knowledge.  The obvious intent is to discredit him.

Later in that day he drives the money changers out of the temple.  In doing this he asserts his authority.  He also questions the authority of the Pharisees in allowing the merchandising that goes on in the temple court.

The ones who question Christ’s authority have abused the authority that God gave them to care for the spiritual well-being of his people.  It is always wise to see to your own situation before challenging the situation of others.

Many of my failures begin with questioning God.  God’s authority over my life does not stem from my allowance of it.  He gives me free will to obey or disobey.  That he created and owns my very life is never in question even when I dare to question it. 

Questions asked in faith are both proper and pleasing to God.  When I question Christ’s authority over my life I am not following.  I must follow.  I must ask the questions that lead to deeper following.  I must not turn my doubts into disobedience.  The God about to die for my sin has made the distinction clear.  To question his place or authority only adds to that sin.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment