07 April 2014

How Do You Do It? – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Let me first put it out there that I love when you comment on my thoughts Dear Reader.  I love it most when my attempts to work out my own journey help others along the way.  When you share this with me I am very encouraged.  Others respond to my thoughts with their own both informative and challenging.  I am also grateful for these as they push me to know why I think and do a thing.

There are others who seek to manipulate me.  They know me personally but post comments anonymously hoping I will do as they wish.  These I will always ignore as they are an improper way to communicate with someone.

In my last writings I have been honored to receive questions regarding how I practically work out the things I am to be as a Christ follower.  This puts me in a quandary as part of the requirement is to do things without calling attention to them.  What I will attempt to do is give my thoughts on how I hope to practically live out things that Christ commands.  I will not name specifics as I feel that violates Christ’s command to do things in secret.

I will focus on Christ’s words to his followers at the Mount of Olives.  I have written about the first part in the past and need rather to deal with the portion that later discusses how we should treat others.  As I embark on this I invite your thoughts and questions.

Mat 6:1-8 "Be careful not to do your good works in public in order to attract attention. If you do, your Father in heaven will not reward you. So when you give to the poor, don't announce it with trumpet fanfare. This is what hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets in order to be praised by people. I can guarantee this truth: That will be their only reward. When you give to the poor, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.  Give your contributions privately. Your Father sees what you do in private. He will reward you. When you pray, don't be like hypocrites. They like to stand in synagogues and on street corners to pray so that everyone can see them. I can guarantee this truth: That will be their only reward. When you pray, go to your room and close the door. Pray privately to your Father who is with you. Your Father sees what you do in private. He will reward you. When you pray, don't ramble like heathens who think they'll be heard if they talk a lot. Don't be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”



Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment