17 August 2015

Second Thoughts – Managing Expectations

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

As a project manager it is vital that we manage the needs of our customers and their expectations.  As a parent and grandparent it is important that I not place to many expectations on my family.  As a writer I place great expectations on my own work. 

I mentioned that the Grandsons were in a wedding this past Saturday.  They were real troopers and did their very best all day in the heat and humidity.  They enjoyed the meal and danced with the girls.  They celebrated and bore the rings as good as any Halfling.

Then it was time to return home.  We were loading the boys into the car when Bastion the youngest started crying that we could not leave yet.  He was both angry and hurt.  When we inquired why he stated, “Because I did not get married yet.”

My Son and I both lost it with laughter.  Then we tried to console and overtired overstimulated three-year-old.  Fortunately he soon fell asleep.  I must learn to better manage the expectations of others at auspicious events.   After all no one told him he was not getting married.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment