31 August 2015

The Road – Merry Meet

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things I love about the road is meeting people both known and unknown.   I have stayed at the hotel I am in before and the front desk manager greeted me by name when I came into the lobby. 

He not only remembered me but had my room key ready and assured that the internet signal was strong it the room I received.  I asked if they kept notes on guests and he said that he remembered I had troubles with the signal the last time I was here but I was so nice about it he wanted to assure that it did not recur.  It is a merry meeting when you reencounter a stranger to whom you have been kind. 

Later today I will see family that I have not seen since last Thanksgiving.  It besieges my heart that I live so far away but it also true that where I live is much more to my liking.  I am still looking for my Rivendell where I can enjoy writing my tales and sitting in the evening with my pipe and mug.   I begin to lost hope that I will ever find it.

Seeing my family will still be a good thing.  I love them and wish we could be closer without me having to move.  It is an odd thing that I feel so isolated as sit in this room where strangers welcome me and no one knows me.  Avalon once said of a friend she loves that this person had to be taken in small doses.  After I met the friend I realized this was true.  I think it may be true of me as well.

I will also re-encounter family that does not know me well.  Nieces and nephews who do not know me will be my entertainment for a couple of days.  As I journey to the place of the Misty Mountains and the Lonely Mountain I identify more with the latter.

The meetings will be merry as will I be so.  The time will be brief.  I continue to wonder as I wander where I fit in under the naked stars.  Perhaps the journey will show me.  Even if it does not I will find the joy in it. 


Farewell we call to hearth and hall!
Though wind may blow and rain may fall,
We must away ere break of day
Far over wood and mountain tall.

To Rivendell, where Elves yet dwell
In glades beneath the misty fell,
Through moor and waste we ride in haste,
And whither then we cannot tell.

With foes ahead, behind us dread,
Beneath the sky shall be our bed,
Until at last our toil be passed,
Our journey done, our errand sped.

We must away! We must away!
We ride before the break of day!

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment