04 August 2015

Home to House – Lost in Transition

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that there is never a move without some kind of loss.  We discard, downsize, break, and lose things along the way.  In this transition I am discarding many things and that is not necessarily bad but it is still uncomfortable.

So far in this transition I have purged much and am realizing that I need to purge more.  I have too much of some things and no room for some others.  I have only had one accidental loss.  Some things were not packed properly and got broken.  They were reminders of the past that meant something to me but mourning their loss seems so small among the other losses.

What I do not want to get lost in this transition is my faith in the process.  God does not allow anything in my life that he has not planned a response to.  I need to trust that no matter how much it hurts, frightens, or takes.  If I believe God is good, and I do then the things lost in transition are just that.

There is not physical thing more important than my faith.  I must trust no matter how I feel and possessions.  It is allowable to feel the loss but it is also time to close the chapter when I have measured the loss against reality.  I do not want my faith and following to be lost in transition.

Closing Time – Semisonic

Closing time:  Open all the doors and let you out into the world
Closing time:  Turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time:  One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time:  You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home

Closing time:  Time for you to go out to the places you will be from.
Closing time:  This room won't be open 'til your brothers or you sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits
I hope you have found a friend.

Closing time:  Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Yeah, I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home

Closing time:  Time for you to go out to the places you will be from

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home

Closing time:  Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment