13 August 2015

Home to House – A Pause to Rest

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have a three day respite from my task of turning my home back into a house.  Some friends are getting married at each other and I am going to journey north for the event.  I I will be traveling with my eldest Son and my Grandsons.  I truly look forward to the adventure. 

I finally slept last night and longer than usual.  I am beginning to remember the balance between activity and rest.   A rest at the proper moment is what makes the music work.  Amidst the emotional upheaval of this change I do not always choose the right playlist in my mind.

Keeping the playlist in my head straight helps me keep other things straight.  Keeping other things straight is what makes my life effective for Christ.  I must only follow the tune that he calls.  When I am weary I do not always listen for it well. 

I also do not remember to pray before I speak, think, act, or feel.   I am not who I am meant to be without proper rest.  I am not who I am meant to be with too much rest.  I need to work harder but in the right ways. 

I need to pray every moment I can.  I need to order what is necessary to live the life I am called to live.  I need to turn this corner properly.  I must use this time of respite to refocus.  Please pray for me Dear Reader.


You make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what You want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light You gave
Through Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You're really there

Well I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, You're coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me, the love that set me free
I wanna tell the world out there, You're not some fable or fairy tale
That I've made up inside my head, You're God the Son
You've risen from the dead

Oh I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me
I wanna share the love that set me free

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment