26 August 2015

The Road – The Call

Greetings Dear Reader,

Even as a child I loved the road.  I enjoyed long car trips.  We had a VW van and I reveled in riding and sleeping in it  I enjoyed the ride, the sights, and the call of the horizon. 

I have often reached the place where the road calls me.  In some of my stories I write about a drifter whose only goal is the journey.  The road calls me now and I will answer for a bit.  I will journey south to the place where I grew up.  I will take some time to visit family and rest.

The drive will be just as restorative as the visit.  I know the road well and the landmarks will remind me of past journeys to and from Georgia.  The call of the road is so strong when I am tired and stressed.  The call home, to my real home is even stronger.

I will use the solitude of the journey there and back again to think through my future endeavors.  I will use the time for prayer and reflection.   I will not leave you behind Dear Reader.  As always when I follow Christ I will carry you with me.

Christ calls us all to himself.  This journey is an effort to grow closer.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment