24 August 2015

The Road – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

My eldest Son just began reading The Hobbit to my Grandsons.  If you have not read this and The Lord of the Rings you have missed the opportunity for some great adventure and philosophy.  One of the themes that underlies the story is the road. 

Like life the story is about a journey.  Like life the vehicle is the path to that journey.  We are on a journey back to God.  He wants to get back to good.  We travel this journey whether we wish it or not.  It is how we travel that matters.

I have been in a pause over the last few weeks trying to get back to the place where I could find joy in the journey.  I am not there yet but am closer to getting there.  I am still in upheaval but must go on as I have a journey to continue.

This time will be spent in remembering what the journey is about and how I must interact with it.  I forgot for a bit that my destination is still home.  I forgot for some time that none of the places I call home here are really home.  I must get back to remembering the journey.  Walk with me if you wish Dear Reader.  I always value your company. 

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment