05 August 2015

Home to House – Spread too Thin

Greetings Dear Reader,

'I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.' – Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, - J.R.R. Tolkien. 

So much of this transition is up-heaving reminders of the most painful times in my life.  No matter what comes at me though I have current responsibilities.  I have things I must do to assure that I cannot just feel my way through this. 

I often wonder how thin God can stretch me before I break.  I often realize that if I am to be filled I must be broken.  Moving is emotionally overloading for me from the outset.  Some of those feelings are good.  In this case many are not.

As I wrote about earlier it is not the feelings that are allowed to control me.  That is difficult when I feel stretched to the breaking point.  This, however, is the measure of our faith.  Do we do what is right no matter what the cost?  This is not martyrdom.  It is simple faithful obedience.  

A friend commented yesterday that she is a storm wrapped in skin.   My first thought is that she is a storm worth weathering.  She always has been.  It seems to always come back to that question of who we choose.  I have made wrong choices when it comes to choosing people.  I have also made some good ones. 

Well-meaning people keep reminding me that in my solitude I am never alone.  I know this and in faith I believe it.  Unfortunately for me it does not always work.  So like today’s post, I do what I must to keep my word.  I do to keep my word at any cost because I want to follow in faith.  Today, however, I feel Bilbo’s thinness in a way that I never have. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment