11 August 2015

Home to House - Arranging Things - Books

Greetings Dear Reader,

In the Discworld novels written by the late Terry Pratchett there is a librarian who is an Orangutan.   The theory is that libraries are the most powerful places in the multiverse because knowledge is power.

Much of my time when I was younger involved books.  I love diving into a good novel or reading through a well written commentary.  I value greatly the tomes that help me research and understand. 

I think that sometimes my books reproduce whilst I am not looking.  In the past fortnight I have, with help, moved seventy boxes of books.  I am attempting to arrange them.  With smaller space and the need to assure that what I need is at hand it is a task.

As I move each box to the place that will eventually host it contents I see a great deal that I wish to revisit.  I am also reminded of the many things these volumes have taught me.  I am thankful for the lessons learned and those yet to be learned.

I strive to be a man of the Book.  I strive to be that whilst not becoming too bookish.  I want knowledge but without pride.  I want wisdom with humility.   I need to dive back in to some of these silent speaking friends and remember the power they impart.

The Book around which I try to focus all my learning must remain center stage.  I must follow as closely as possible the things God expects of me.  I must reinvest my mind in the things that build it up.  I will do more than arrange.  I must rediscover.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment