30 August 2015

The Road - Journey in Solitude

Greetings Dear Reader,

This will be a late post as I have just driven through the night.   I am about to take some much needed rest but first wished to share my thoughts about the journey.  It was a lonely one.  There was a bit of entertainment when my Daughter realized she had left her car and house keys in my car.

The morning was pleasant as I stopped to breakfast with some dear friends.  Beyond that respite the journey was a lonely one.   It did give me thinking time before I run aground on some haunting memories.  The long stretch is complete.  I will complete the journey tomorrow.

I bypassed a side trip I wished due to weariness.  Perhaps it will fit into the return journey.  I did manage to find an open FedEx office to ship my Daughter’s keys to her.  She also found her spare car key.  All will be well there.

So I will spend the evening resting in quiet solitude.  I realize that to some of you this sounds like bliss.  To me it is a horror to which I must be accustomed.  I already noticed that I talk aloud to myself.  I wonder if this is something about which I should be concerned.  I noticed that the room seems much more uninviting than when I have had someone with which to share it. I wonder if I will ever become accustomed to solitude.

The road and rain have left once again wishing for hearth, mead, and pipe.  Perhaps a little further down the path I shall find these things.  Perhaps I may also find company that finds my company worth of keeping.  I feel I have been thrown back once too often.

I will settle in for some reading, prayer, and rest.  Perhaps my pondering will have more cheer afterwards. Christ is faithful and ever with me.  

Wond’ring Aloud – Jethro Tull

Wond'ring aloud --
how we feel today.
Last night sipped the sunset --
my hands in her hair.
We are our own saviours
As we start both our hearts beating life
Into each other.

Wond'ring aloud --
Will the years treat us well.
As she floats in the kitchen,
I'm tasting the smell
Of toast as the butter runs.
Then she comes, spilling crumbs on the bed
And I shake my head.
And it's only the giving
That makes you what you are.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment