21 August 2015

Home to House - Last Things – Part 2

Greetings Dear Reader,

Resurrection Oak 2007
A week of moments remains.  We are moving the last of our things this weekend.  Christmas will stay with me a bit longer then off to her new place.   I have a week of vacation approaching as well. 

As much as I dislike this transition I would be remiss in my attitude if I did not recall some of the good times spent in the house that was my home.  I will miss the sweet well water.  It was something that I never took for granted. 

The resurrection oak will also be something I miss.  It was thought to be diseased and was cut down our first autumn in the house.  That first spring it shot out new limbs from the stump.  It is now over twelve feet tall and beautiful. 

There were some wonderful Christmas parties there.  I was able to host many friends and celebrate them.  I do not know if my new place will accommodate this event.  We shall have to see.

Even in the loss of home I find memories that I will treasure.   It will be a place where I found more of Christ to follow.  It will be the place I lived when I made great turn in that journey.  That will become past and, therefore, prologue.  The way lies onward and there I must go.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment