08 August 2015

Home to House – Last Things – Part 1

Greetings Dear Reader,

So many things about turning a home back into a house involve last things.  The month of overlap in the transition is both good and bad.  Today I am feeling some of the last things both connected and unconnected to this venture.

Last night was the last home game of the Mallards summer season.  They won 17-7.  It was a stormy steamy summer night filled with hot dogs, family, and fun.  The last home game is always one that saddens me a little.  Baseball has undercurrents that sustain me.  Those who can understand this get it.  Those who do not would not want to be schooled here.

I have slept under the oaks in my hammock for the last time.  I have smelled the local skunk’s morning constitutional for the last time.  The fire pit will no longer host warmth and friends for us. 

I must assure that in these last things that I do not forget the things that last.  I must assure that the things at matter do not get packed away or left behind.  I must find new ways to host my friends and create good times for them.  I must have care to be who I am called to be completely.  My must invest my life in things that last.

The Ballad of Serenity – Sony Rhodes

Take my love.
Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care,
I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black.
Tell em I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land
And boil the sea.
You can't take the sky from me.

There's no place I can't be
Since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment