10 August 2015

Second Thoughts – That Change in the Light

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I noticed it this evening during my third cargo trip from the house.  It was still early. The shadows were longer than they should be for the hour.  Then it occurred to me that they were supposed to be long.  Summer has made the turn toward Autumn. 

The light has and will change.  Gone are the long slow baseball evenings of late June.  Passed for this year are the lightning bugs rising from the dusky mist.  The light will continue to change. 

We are losing daylight in slices from both ends of the day.  Winter will come.  It is just beyond the pumpkins and the hayrides.  For now we have a few more precious weeks of warmth and water.  The light will change.

It comforts me to know that I can see myself reflected in the seasons.  I can understand the changes and embrace them.  I do not want to but as the light changes around me without so much as a “by your leave” I can cling to the Light that will never change, diminish, or die.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment