26 April 2017

A Noble Son

Greetings Dear Reader,

I can still recall speeding through Atlanta traveling north from Peachtree City where I worked to Ashford Dunwoody.  The others involved were amazed at the speed of my arrival.  I had hurried there to wait.

It was not long until my eldest Son made his advent into the world.  He insisted on giving us a scare at first by lowering his heart rate to the point that the doctor thought to excise him surgically from the womb.  Just as his mother reached to sign the papers he declared that his exit was forthcoming. 

In a short time I was holding tiny boy full of energy and action.  Even when the nurses first placed him in his bed in the nursery he was already lifting his head.  I loved him so instantly and deeply on that first day. 

He is now a man with two sons of his own.  He loves them to the depth that I love him and perhaps more.  He is intelligent and hard working.  He has compassion for those in need and chooses to work in a place where he does good instead of chasing money. 

Today is his advent anniversary and I celebrate him.  We will gather this evening with his coworkers to bolster the effort of caring for those with great need.  He chose to ask us to participate in this rather than some special celebration for him.

I only love him more as the years pass through the glass.  I would find better ways to show it.  I love you Son.  Happy Birthday.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment