04 April 2017

I’d Rather be a Fool ~ Than Hate Anyone

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes the weight of all the hatred in the world seems to land right on top of me.  It is not that I feel hated but rather that it is that there is so much hatred where there could be love and kindness.

I know someone who claims to follow Christ but is constantly spewing venom about others.  There is rarely a positive comment to be made concerning anything.   I often wonder what pain the hatred hides.  Perhaps that is the key.

I would rather foolishly look for what can heal anger and hatred than hate in return.  It is not my place to point fingers and put hatred into the world.  It is my obligation to love at any cost.  This does not mean that I have to allow abuse or hatred.  It is that I cannot hate in return.  It is that I must love beyond the hatred.

One can learn to see past the hatred to the person beyond.  One can choose to love that person no matter how he or she behaves.  This does not mean that you can be friends with the person.  It does not mean that you put yourself in danger with that person.  It means that you love that person.

I would rather be thought a fool for finding a way to love someone than join the crowd calling for hatred and rejection.  I would rather be called a fool for loving others than being the one who gains ground through hatred.  I would rather be a fool than in the crowd calling for blood.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/4/17 04:09

    We are all fools for God
    Keep looking
    It's the right thing to do!

    ReplyDelete