11 April 2017

Holy Week ~ Worth Dying For – Authority Challenged

Greetings Dear Reader,

Jesus returns to Jerusalem on Tuesday.  The journey back would not take long.  He arrives at the temple and the priests challenge his authority.  They presume that he is wrong because he is in opposition to the construct they have created to feed their control.

Driving out the merchants and money changers struck at the heart of the false shell that had replaced true worship.  Now that they have been challenged the priests challenge Christ’s authority to speak the truth.  They challenge his authority to act as God.

Jesus will spend the day teaching.  He will also rebuke the Sadducees for their lack of belief in the resurrection.  It will be a day that seems more “normal” than the rest.  It is not normal.  It is the day that reminds me that I too challenge the authority of Christ.

I too see his power and position and sometimes deny it.  I too question the reasons behind what he does and why.  I am the Pharisee at times.  I am even at times, however briefly, the Sadducee.  I forget all that lies before me because I am in some valley or imprisoned in my own thoughts.

It is in Christ and following him that I find my way again.  It is in changing the way that I think and act that I regain the path.  I forget.  I forget that it is in Christ alone that I find my way.  It is in him alone that I find absolute truth.  It is in him alone that I find life.

When I forget he seeks me out.   He waits for me to remember that he is the path, the journey, and the destination.  He rebukes and teaches.  He rekindles the love I have for him. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment