02 April 2017

I’d Rather be a Fool ~ Seeking Happy Endings

Greetings Dear Reader,

In some way or another we all look for a happy ending.  We dream if we dare of the grand ones.  We look for smaller ones daily in our work, family, or past times.  We want things to end well.

The reality of the world is that most of our dreams remain that; a dream.  We lose them, we fail to build them, or life is too complicated to focus on them.  We get told by others that are dreams are not worth living.  We get told that they are unattainable.  Worse are those who say they support our dreams but when it comes to it that is just not true.

My dreams are clear to me.  Some of them seem unattainable as the years flow through the glass.  Some of them are impossible.  That, however, never stops me.  I would rather be thought a fool for dreaming of my ideals than accept that the world cannot become that dream. 

I know that faith and love can win.  I know that I must take damage for it to be so.  I know that I may not realize the dreams I hold but I will not forsake them.  I will not flag or fail.  Some of these dreams I have held since I was a child.  I may be tilting at windmills but that is a good thing.

There will be an ultimate happy ending to this all.  We will get to the clearing beyond the path.  We will join the one we follow.  As pilgrims of passion we carry the cross and await the crown.  This is the nightmare.  The dream is yet to come.

Impossible Dream – Man of La Mancha

For every true Knight it is his duty,
Nay his privilege

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
And to run where
The brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
And to love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march,
March into hell
For that heavenly cause

And I know
If I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart
Will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be
Better for this
That one man, scorned
And covered with scars,
Still strove with his last
Ounce of courage
The unreachable star

And I'll always dream
The impossible dream
Yes, and I'll reach
The unreachable star

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment