14 April 2017

Holy Week ~ Worth Dying For – It is Friday

Greetings Dear Reader,

We love to have our heroes and we love to watch them fall.  Superman is too good to be interesting.  We have to give our modern heroes dark flaws to enjoy their company.  There he is, however; Jesus the Son of God.

He hangs between earth and sky as the defender of Jehovah and man.  He cries out serving justice through being the victim of our injustice.  He promotes faith through our faithlessness.  We rend his flesh to redeem our souls.  He lets us kill him so that we can live.

This dark and glorious day should be all the darkness we need to find the right hero.  This turn of the tide is what begins the realization of hope.  In death we find the way to life.  In the madness of the dark and thunder it is the Son that shines.  “Forgive them” he says.

He says that we do not know what we are doing so it must be true.  I cannot help but think that we might have done it in an case.  We are so in need of seeing the bright light hung upon the hill for us. 

The hours will be long.  The pain will last far beyond his last breath.  I can still feel it when I follow him the closest.  I am guilty of God’s blood; the most innocent blood.  I am the thief mocking him. I am the soldier flogging him.  I am the friend handing him over to the priests.  I am the mocker ripping his beard and punching his face. 

I have no hope save the man to whom I did all these things.  There he hangs forgiving me before I was ever born. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment