15 April 2017

Holy Week ~ Worth Dying For – The Vigilant

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things I imagine is that I would like to camp outside the tomb for the entire time.  I want to believe that I would believe.  I want to think that I would be vigilant.  There were those that were vigilant.

A guard is posted outside the borrowed tomb.  Men are posted to assure that the absent disciples do not return to steal the body.  It seems that the priests listened more closely than the disciples.  They knew he said the he would rise.  It never occurred to them to wonder how he knew that they would kill him.

I want to watch it all.  I play it over and over in my mind.  I want to hear the conversations between the guards both before and after.  For now though we wait.  We hold the vigilance of hope.  We trade in the coin of promise.  We watch and wait and hope and pray. 

Or do we?  We have been told to do all of these things in relation to the next Advent.  We rarely do.  I rarely pay the attention I should to the hope of the return of Christ.  I take some time now to reflect while we wait.

I will sit in the cool of the morning with my coffee and think of him returning for us.  I must be always vigilant as it is my duty to Christ.  I hunger for his return.  I long for him to make all things good again.  It really is my only hope.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment