10 April 2017

Holy Week ~ Worth Dying For – Cleansing the Temple

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I read about this I picture the opulence and finery of some churches.  It is not wrong to have a beautiful building.  It is wrong for the building to ever be the focus of faith.  The problem goes so much deeper than this.

I look at all the trappings we have built around the Gospel and wonder if we are any better.  I mostly conclude that we are not.  I mostly think that we waste a great deal fo time and resources when we could be doing much more for the actual work of caring for the needs of others.

We also remember that Jesus focused on the need for the temple to be a house of prayer instead of a den of thieves.  Whether it is ancient money changers or modern coffee bars it is not the place of the church to do commerce with people.  The church is not supposed to focus on money. 

I must assure that I expect nothing in return for living my faith and following Christ.  I must assure that I do so out of love for the one I follow.  It must be my heart that drives me.  I must only follow Christ because of my love for him. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/4/17 17:44

    Our heart is that temple for Christ . We do waste so much time that we could be giving back. This week I pray that we can all focus and give back to Christ.

    ReplyDelete