27 April 2017

Father Hearts and Father Wounds ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a father and now a grandfather I become keenly aware of the things that are successes and failures in my life.  I am also well aware of the things that I lacked early on that are necessary to take on life.  I would that it were that I could simply dismiss the voids created by and in me.

I also think that as I mellow I find that I understand the heart of a father in a new way.  In that learning are both regrets and thoughts of success.  In those realizations are pain and insight.  It is in this that I find my next part of the journey. 

I don’t know how to get past the wounds I carry.  I have tried for so long and the pain resurfaces unbidden even after forgiveness, confession, and counsel.  There are also the memories of the moments that are good as well.  There have been those with father hearts who have helped me along the way. 

Still I long for a way to heal my failings as they have impacted others and to be free from the things inside me that feel so damaged and scarred.  If you can bear it, walk with me for a space Dear Reader.  You companionship is always solace and gives me insight. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment