03 April 2017

I’d Rather be a Fool ~ A Single Path

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is one of those things about my faith that sounds foolish and is hard to accept.  I must accept it even if I do not understand how things will be worked out in the end.  Then again there are many things I do not understand that I have to accept.  I do not understand gravity but am well aware of the consequences of ignoring it. 

Jesus clearly declares that no one gets to the Father except through following him.  No one who rejects Jesus can get to the Father.  I realize how narrow this is.  The fist command is in step with this.  We are to love the Lord God with all our heart, minds, soul, and strength.  The part that makes it hard is the way followers have and do treat this.

We are to use this narrow way to combat evil.  The problem is that we forget to adopt the way in humility.  Instead we follow form a position of pride and superiority.  In fighting evil we become evil in our methods.  In following the way we use the way to limit our love and care of others.

We demand that others accept this truth without living out the completion of our obligation to that truth.  I am to love my neighbor no matter who that neighbor may be or what he may believe.  The arrogance of the one way stance is only mitigated by love and compassion for all of those outside of that way.

I am not sure how the Father has things worked out.  I am sure that he does.  I am positive that following Christ is where we will find the truth.  We do, however, have to live all of that truth.  We must embrace the parts that seem “unfair” or limiting.  I would rather be a fool that ignore the words of Christ out of convivence. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment