29 September 2019

Not Cut Out for This

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have a friend who owns a lifting and fitness gym.   His balanced approach to what is often seen as a vain practice offers a perspective that I find encouraging and good.  He and his spouse approach the craft with an emphasis of faith, family, and fitness.  Even their approach to posing is a discipline and not an exercise in vanity.

In thinking about and praying for their business and their lives, it occurred to me that they make accessible a practice that not everyone is cut out to enjoy.  Then again, their discipline is one that requires time, effort, and patience to master.  It is not being cut out that matters.  It is being willing to work to have the definition cut into you.

Whether it is lifting or training in some other area, we must allow the discipline to cut into who we are if we hope to succeed.  The practice and time whittle away at what we are to carve into us what we are meant to become.  It is the daily effort that makes the difference over time.

Following Christ is the same journey.  We must shed the habits that hinder us and take on the disciplines that make us closer followers.  I must shed anything that does not lead to strength and consistency in faith and following.  This does not mean that I do not enjoy life or deny my enjoyments.  It does mean that I align them with what is going to cut into me the image and likeness of Jesus.  I must lift and carry that which identifies me with him.

I am thankful for my friends and the way in which they provide this service to our community.  I am also thankful that though none of us are cut out for following Christ, they use their work to teach others how to gain the discipline to do so.  I may not lift weights with you Dear Reader, but together we can carry the burden of disciplining our hearts and minds to follow Christ more closely through this example.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment