11 September 2019

The Unwanted Ones ~ Social Dexterity

Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know that person; the one is guaranteed to be embarrassing or uncomfortable in social situations.  It may be their personality, habits, or appearance.  It is just that he or she is socially awkward.  We somehow do not include them in things that would make others feel uncomfortable.

I supposed the first thing to consider is if we would be comfortable with Jesus at our social gatherings.  I think if we are honest, we would not.  If someone brings him along and we do not know who he is, I think his manner and approach would make us uncomfortable.  I also believe that he would gravitate to the outcasts.  He would question our standards if we fail to love anyone and he would be right.

Although it is the right standard, there is a much simpler standard for this than invoking the Son of God.  It is this: is finding someone socially awkward a good reason to exclude him or her?  It does not show love, kindness, or compassion.  It does not recognize that each human is created by God and has intrinsic value.  When we show love to those cast out by others, then we are being with Christ in the moment.

I have too many foibles to think that I am not socially awkward at times.  I am uncomfortable for others in social settings at times.  In some ways, I have embraced that awkwardness so that I am being true to who I am.  It has also allowed me to draw others who are outcasts to me.  I want to show everyone love, kindness, and acceptance.  I fail at times, but it is an exercise worth repeating Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment