08 September 2019

The Unwanted Ones ~ Silent Signals


Greetings Dear Reader,

We can all do this and we think that we are subtle about it.  Someone we do not wish to speak with engages us we wish to withdraw from the conversation.  We feign interest and search for a way to escape.  Searchin the room for another conversation is one method.  Looking away or at the time in another.  We might even make up a lie about being busy to get away.

It is not lost on the person that our attention is not on their interaction.  Sometimes the person is gracious and lets us withdraw.  Then there is the time when the engagement is important to him or her and it persists.  We find a way to escape.  We may not say a word to anyone.  We might also make a negative comment to someone that we had to get away from a conversation with “that person.”

When we think this way, we are ignoring some very basic principles of following Christ.  Every person in our path must receive my love and kindness during my interaction with him or her.  I must also consider that if Christ is directing my steps that this person is in my path for a purpose.  If I am focused on my own desires and considerations, I may not see that purpose. 

I must also consider that I cannot afford to dismiss anyone.  Every human has value and I can find a way to show love if I choose to do so.  When I find that I want to not engage, I should look for the way to show the love of Christ in the moment.  I must seek to put him in the midst of the interaction so that I am following in faith versus harming someone who seeks me out.  If I treat someone as unwanted in a simple conversation, how can I hope to create a lifetime of following Christ in love, Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment