06 September 2019

But versus So ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I suppose that I could track this contrast for every social issue or interpersonal situation conceivable.  The point is to transform how we think about our interaction with others.  The idea is to reorder our thinking so that the foundation is love.

“I love you but” statements need to leave our lives.  I know that I want them out of mine.  There is no place to see love as something to mitigate over circumstance or situation.  My love for the Father and for others must be the foundation of all that I do.  It must never be the lead in to me saying something unkind or hurtful.

Instead, I plan to work at thinking or saying, “I love you so” before any interaction.  If I can perfect mental muscle memory that leads with love then it will become more natural as it should.  Talking to people in this way allows me to remove my selfishness and preferences to replace them with love, kindness, grace, and compassion.

If we all were to focus on this one thing, we could surely make a difference in the world.  Perhaps we could evidence Christ more richly in our lives.  Perhaps the social issues that plague us would find natural resolution.  Perhaps, Dear Reader the joy in our journey could be more easily found.  I love you so I hope that if my directness has caused you concern, you understand that I seek Christ in the framework that he gave us rather than the one we have created to replace it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment