30 September 2019

Fat Souls ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

When my eldest Son was eight, he told me the specific Transformer he wanted for Christmas.  We discussed that it had to be the large Optimus Prime truck that really transformed.  He even asked if it was all right to pray for it.

That evening we were reading the Bible together in our elbow to elbow time.  We were reading the Psalms and that evening’s reading was Psalm 106.  What must have caught his attention was this: “They soon forgot his works; they waited not for his counsel:
But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.  And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.”

That night, as I tucked him into bed, he prayed as was our practice.  His prayer, as best I can remember it was this: “Dear Jesus, thank you for another good day.  Please let me get Optimus Prime for Christmas, but I still want a fat soul.”

His understanding of what mattered at that age impressed me greatly.  His faith was strong and his desire to be in the right mindset was beautiful.  He did get the Transformer he wanted and a few others.  I also made sure that he knew how I was impressed that he had the right attitude about what he wanted.

Recalling that recently had me pondering what we ask for from the Father.  What we request reflects our values and priority.  It reveals to us what we desire and the order in which we desire it.  We never wish to be in the position that what we desire is outside of what the Father desires for us. 

As I travel over the next few days, I will be pondering this and sharing my thoughts with you.  Please journey with me as we discuss how we approach what we want and filter it through the character the Father wishes us to possess.  As always, your thoughts and questions enrich my journey Dear Reader.  Let us figure out together how to have fat souls.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment