13 September 2019

The Unwanted Ones ~ Iceberg Intellect


Greetings Dear Reader,

For fifteen years someone has been asking me to be real about my struggles at the deepest levels.  Over that time there have been constant reassurances that no matter what it was, there would be love and understanding.  As I confront this deep darkness, at last, I chose to trust that this person was telling the truth.  He was not. 

We think that we know what is going on with others.  What we see on the outside, or even what they show is beneath the surface, is rarely the whole story.  We find that we just do not know what really is going on below.  We still, however, engage in the iceberg intellect of judging others based on the little we see.

Our judgment of others becomes rejection based on surface standards or worse, limited understanding of what is just below the surface.  We are, however, appalled when others do this to us.  We know that they do not really understand.  Even when we ask for understanding without seeking to justify our failures, we are given little by most.

My obligation is to clench the opportunity to love others no matter how things unfold in our lives.  No matter what you do, think, believe, or embrace, my limited understanding is not grounds for rejecting you.  My meager perspective is not God’s and he demands that I love you at any cost.  Until we embrace that we do not know as much as we think we do, we will fall into the trap of thinking our judgment is accurate.

We may find things to justify marginalizing someone or make him or her an outcast.  Instead what we are doing is sending the message loud and clear that this is how we would have others treat us.  None of us wishes this, so how can we dare visit it on others Dear Reader?  I must be good to you no matter what you do to me.  I must work beyond my failures and faults to do better today.   I must also work within that to realize that you at times will not choose this.  In that too, I must look for deeper ways to love you.  That is the pathway home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment